Israel and the Jewish Nation: Part 1
Covering the foundations of Judaism and the history of the Jewish people, the unit starts with the ‘covenants’ and ends in 1897. It traces the Jewish connection to the land of Israel, in the land and in exile. It explains how and why Jews retained their traditions in the face of enormous challenges. It concludes with the birth of Zionism as one answer to Jewish insecurity.
- Covers the foundations of Judaism and Jewish people starting with the 'covenants'
- Learn how and why the Jews retained their traditions in the face of enormous challenges
- Explore the connection to the land of Israel and the birth of Zionism
- Suitable for 9th Grade and above
- The first of four planned units covering Israel and the Jewish Nation
- Teacher Guide (37 pages)
- Student eBook (78 pages)
- Format: Teacher Guide and Student eBook