Articles and Books on BDS and Anti-Semitism on US CampusesJuly 18, 2016
There are many publications that appear in national and international outlets and think-tanks that deal with BDS and antisemitism on campus.
Under certain conditions, Israelis support the idea of a referendum to determine the future of the territoriesJuly 1, 2016
Israelis are divided on the impact and future of the territories gained in the June 1967 war, according to the June 2016 Israel Democracy Institute Peace Index.
Zionist Intellectual Max Nordau Is Born in HungaryJuly 29, 2016
Max Nordau was born Simon Maximilian Sudfeld in Pest, Hungary to an Orthodox Jewish family. Nordau’s most notable contribution to early Zionism was The Basel Plan–the first official blueprint for the establishment of a Jewish State in Palestine.
The timeline contains more than 800 entries, following Jewish History through Jewish identity in the diaspora, Zionism, to contemporary issues in Israel. Search by year or by a subject through time.
Early History to 1897: Identity Formation and Modern Zionism
- Jewish law, custom and anti-Semitism knitted Jews as a people
- Surviving as a minority schooled Jews on self-reliance
- Failure to achieve civic equality prompted Zionism, Jewish nationalism
Era II 1898 to 1948: Autonomy and State-Building
- Translating an idea into reality required Jewish leadership, commitment, and pragmatism
- Recruiting support from great powers made Israel a reality
- Inept Arab decisions and societal fragmentation gave Zionists an unsurmountable edge
Era III 1949 to 1979: From Sovereignty to Recognition
- Israel’s building blocks linked people, land, an economy and collective self-defense
- Success in the June 1967 War solidified Israel as a state
- Egypt took the unprecedented Arab step of accepting Israel as a reality
Era IV 1980 to Present: Recognition to Normalization
- Israel flourished as a democracy with a multi-party system
- Solidifying a strategic relationship with the US benefitted both country’s welfare
- Seeking peaceful borders and neighbors determined its well-being
A comprehensive resource for formal and informal education, students, community groups, teachers, clergy, families, and individuals seeking to deepen or sharpen their knowledge about Israel.
- Lesson Plans
- College Syllabi
- Research Biblographies
Tools & Methodologies
- Educational Strategies
- Community/Family Education
- Maps/Youth Bibliography
Workshops & Consultations
- Educator Enrichment
- Youth and Teen Engagement
- Specialized Consulting