Participants in the CIE Certificate in Israel Education Program sharpen their knowledge of Israel and Zionism by taking part in two special seminars as well as monthly webinars with CIE staff. Special emphasis is placed on connecting new content with innovative approaches for dissemination. Cohort members apply what they have learned to develop and test a curricular or other educational project for use in the setting where they teach or work.
- Sandra Borowsky, Orangetown Jewish Center, Orangeburg New York
- Ian Brojges, Independent Educator, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Hope Chernak, Temple Shaaray Tefilla, New York, New York
- Babette Cohn, B’nai Israel Congregation, Rockville, Maryland
- Stacey David, Summit JCC/Congregation Ohr Shalom, Summit, New Jersey
- Debbie Deutsch, Congregation Etz Chaim, Marietta, Georgia
- Deborah Engel Kollin, Pressman Academy, Los Angeles, California
- Elisha Frumkin, Beth El Congregation of Montgomery County, Bethesda, Maryland
- Judith Jaffe, Shomrei Torah, Wayne Conservative Congregation, Wayne, New Jersey
- Hedda Morton, Adath Israel Congregation, Lawrenceville, New Jersey
- Sharon Solomon, Temple Beth Sholom, Roslyn Heights, New York
- Hazan Arlyne Unger, Beth Tikvah B’nai Jeshurun, Erdenheim, Pennsylvania
- Joshua Ackman, Temple Shaarei Shalom, Boynton Beach, Florida
- Sara Birnbaum, Shaarei Tikvah: The Scarsdale Conservative Congregation, Scarsdale, New York
- Sarit Cioban Spector, Ohr Kodesh Congregation, Silver Spring, Maryland
- Melissa Cohavi, Congregation B’nai Yisrael, Rye Brook, New York
- Stephanie Fields, Monmouth Reform Temple, Monmouth, New Jersey
- Marilyn Fine, Beth El Congregation of Montgomery County, Bethesda, Maryland
- Ross Garelick Bell, Beth El Hebrew Congregation, Alexandria, Virginia
- Rachel Herman, Congregation Or Hadash, Atlanta, Georgia
- Marc Hershkowitz, Temple Emanuel of Kensington Maryland, Chevy Chase, Maryland
- Sherrie Kesselman, Temple Beth Am, Jupiter, Florida
- Tamara Minian, Colegio Sefaradi, Mexico City, Mexico
- Rhonda Povlot, Temple Beth Tikvah, Roswell, Georgia
- Harvey Raben, Congregation Agudas Achim, Austin, Texas
- Rabbi Liz Rolle, Congregation Beth-El, Fairfield, Connecticut
- Chana Zinstein, Temple Emanuel of the Pascack Valley, Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
- The CIE Certificate Program substantially increased my knowledge and approach to the teaching of Israel in my school. Hedda M
- The certificate program has enhanced my knowledge of Israel’s history, strengthened my pedagogic awareness and brought to my attention many resources that both I and my teachers can use in our teaching of Israel. Arlyne U
- The CIE Certificate Program has influenced my work as an educational director by (helping me) be creative and “out of the box” to excite our children (and adults) to learn, be joyful, “own” their own education, and create wonderful Jewish memories. And be curious about and connected to Israel, our Jewish homeland. Sandy B.
- I feel more confident in my own knowledge regarding Israeli history, and the importance of ensuring our students are taught through primary sources for their knowledge. Babette C.
- This program has given me a platform to thoughtfully consider the integration of Israel into my curriculum writing project. I truly value this cohort of talented, intelligent, and incredibly generous educators, and it is clear that our collaboration will continue beyond the bounds of this program. Elisha F.
- The Certificate in Israel Program experience has rejuvenated my passion for creative, innovative, Israel education for my students. The collaboration with other educators and mentors in the CIEP provided incredible input for my project and I’m walking away with an incredible list of educational lessons, resources, and programs for my institution… This program has raised the bar for the field of Israel education. Hope C.
If you have questions about the Certificate in Israel Education program or expectations of participation, please contact Rich Walter at [email protected].