April 3, 2019
On April 9, Israelis head to the polls to elect the 21st Knesset. CIE’s extensive collection of election materials has a wide variety of resources. Our election content includes items related to Israel’s democracy, electoral process, results of past elections as well as information about the political parties and factions. Materials are available for use in a variety of learning settings or for expanding your personal knowledge. These include: analyses, infographics, videos, and links of interest.
Among the election section’s notable items:
- A brief video in which Professor Doron Shultziner explains the origins of Israel’s democratic norms and how the country uses Basic Laws to uphold the rule of law in the absence of a formal constitution.
- An activity-guide about the parties expected to be a part of the next Knesset with outlines of each’s foreign and domestic policies.
- A whiteboard video explaining how the Israeli electoral process works
- Biographies of 36 candidates on the various party lists who are likely Knesset members
- Analyses and survey data from the Israel Democracy Institute, including pre-election surveys, Arab politics, and thechallenges of a multi-party system.
We will continue to add materials related to the election and the process of forming a government following the elections.