At the start of the year, Israel’s population was near 9.5 million, according to Israel’s Central Bureau of Statistics. Of them 6.98 million (73.9%) were Jewish, about two million were Arab, and 472,000 were from other sectors, including non-Arab Christians; most of the population growth (160,000) in 2021 was natural (83%), while the rest (17%) came from immigration.